TOP FEATURES OF OUR FLAGSHIP OPTICAL SENSING INSTRUMENT TECHNOLOGY
- Top reliability: Solid-state design based on true integrated chip tunable laser that uses no movable parts, no tunable filters, and no opto-mechanical switches.
- Ultra-high resolution and ultra-low noise floor: Processing 40,000 points over 40nm (one raw data point for every 1pm). Combined with ultra-high-sensitivity receiver and yielding world leading frequency domain noise floor of 120dB.
- Ultra-high repeatability: 50fm max (20fm typical). Required for measurements where small drifts even within the accuracy of the instrument would otherwise be damaging to the value of the high-quality measurement.
- Ultra-high precision and accuracy: Absolute 0.1pm absolute precision and 1pm accuracy.
Note: Accuracy alone is not enough. An accuracy of 1pm means little if an instrument’s precision or repeatability is only 5-10pm, as in that case one’s overall error of measurement is still 5-10 pm. One needs (1) precision, (2) accuracy, and (3) repeatability to have a high-quality measurement. The FAZT-I4G uses proven and patented world’s best “Gas Cell – Etalon – MZI – and PM Optical Circuit” calibration architecture, which is required for discerning between signal and noise when small changes in strain, temperature, and many other parameters need to be exactly measured.
- Internal polarization mitigation: Hardware and software to greatly reduce potential measurement errors that may be caused by fiber and/or FBGs polarization. These are often induced as a result of bending or fabrication or installation non-uniformities; for example, such errors are reduced from 4pm to 1pm.
- Adaptive to more types of FBG sensors: Able to accurately monitor more types of FBGs than any other instrument, including narrow bandwidth (40pm-120pm) FBGs such as those used in high-sensitivity accelerometers, pressure sensors, hydrophones, and microphones.
- Power gain control for each monitored sensor: Able to set the gain for each individual sensor, not just for the whole instrument or just for each channel. This is very useful to recapture the data and continue monitoring sensors whose signal becomes too weak after field installation and settlement.
- Synchronization ready: TTL trigger for synchronized operation of multiple I4G instruments or for synchronizing to other electronic measurement systems.
- Expandable from 4 to 64 channels with no compromise in precision, accuracy, repeatability or scanning range. Scanning speed trade-offs apply.
- Industrial grade design that scales well for dramatically lower prices with volume.
Compliance with International Standards: CE Certified, Emissions and Immunity to EN61326-1:2013, EN55011:2009+A1:2010, EN61000-3-2:2-2014, EN61000-3-3:2013, Safety Standards EN61010-1, Laser Safety to IEC 60825, ATEX Compliance Certification Available, REACH and ROHS Compliant.